    Windows Update reinstall.

    TIA,
    Pete

    Pete Angelakos, Dec 1, 2008

  2. Pete Angelakos

    Cirga Guest

    On Dec 1, 5:58 am, "Pete Angelakos" <> wrote:
    > I am running XP Home SP3 with all critical updates.
    > Qfecheck & Belarc Advisor are telling me that Hotfix 956390 needs to be
    > reinstalled.
    > I have done this several times with no success.
    > This is what I have tried:
    > Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and
    > reinstalling manually.
    > Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and letting
    > Windows Update reinstall.

    > TIA,
    > Pete

    What is the problem with the hotfix? Do you have any noticeable
    issues while running normally? Are you merely trying to reinstall it
    becauase Qfechek and Belarc are saying you need to?

    What type of PC are you running? Laptop or Desktop? There is a
    common problem with a few hotfixes affecting certain Dell laptops that
    kills internet connectivity, but thats the only issue I have seen
    recently with the windows xp SP3 hotfixes.

    Cirga, Dec 1, 2008

  3. "Cirga" <> wrote in message
    On Dec 1, 5:58 am, "Pete Angelakos" <> wrote:
    > I am running XP Home SP3 with all critical updates.
    > Qfecheck & Belarc Advisor are telling me that Hotfix 956390 needs to be
    > reinstalled.
    > I have done this several times with no success.
    > This is what I have tried:
    > Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and
    > reinstalling manually.
    > Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and letting
    > Windows Update reinstall.

    > TIA,
    > Pete

    What is the problem with the hotfix? Do you have any noticeable
    issues while running normally? Are you merely trying to reinstall it
    becauase Qfechek and Belarc are saying you need to?

    What type of PC are you running? Laptop or Desktop? There is a
    common problem with a few hotfixes affecting certain Dell laptops that
    kills internet connectivity, but thats the only issue I have seen
    recently with the windows xp SP3 hotfixes.

    I have no obvious problem -- I am trying to reinstall because Qfecheck &
    Belarc say to.
    I am running a Dell Optiplex 320 desktop.

    Pete Angelakos, Dec 1, 2008