    page from opening on my computer? Any help you can provide would be greatly
    appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.
    Tricia

    Tricia, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Tricia

    Kraftee Guest

    You appear to have downloaded a little apps onto your machine, suggest
    you go to..

    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    & download the latest version of their program Ad-aware, install that
    & then update it, then run it.

    It willmost probably find a few things it is not happy about & it
    normally is ok to get rid of them all.

    That should sort out your problem (be a little bit more careful on
    what you are clicking on next time)..

    Kraftee, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Tricia

    Boomer Guest

    Tricia said:
    Hi

    You might want to serch for "homepage hijacking"

    Install, at least, the first three.
    Check for updates weekly and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Boomer, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Tricia

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer said:
    ^ ^ ^ search
    [snip]

    Boomer, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Tricia

    Tricia Guest

    This information was very helpful. I've downloaded the first and will be
    sure to check out the others tomorrow. Since the download....no problems
    yet! Thank you very much!
    Tricia

    Tricia, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Tricia

    Tricia Guest

    Thanks for your quick response. I did what you said and it seems to have
    fixed the problem! I really appreciate your help.
    Tricia

    Tricia, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Tricia

    Boomer Guest