Problem with Firefox and eBay

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by DavidM, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. DavidM

    DavidM Guest

    Having some problems using FF (v3.0.13) on eBay.

    When I go to a new page (eg My Account) most of the page displays
    quite quickly but the progress bar takes minutes to complete (often
    never does), then when I click a link to go somewhere related to my
    account (eg look at feedback) nothing happens.

    After digging around and trying various security resettings (in FF, AV
    program and firewall) I fell across the FF Error Console. I cleared it
    and then just tried to move to one place on eBay and had a whole
    string (23 in all) of error messages in the console. Just two examples
    are:

    Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'font'. Declaration
    dropped.
    Source File:
    http://include.ebaystatic.com/v4css/en_GB/e617i/CCHP_HomepageV4_DLSR_e617i8823132_en_GB.css
    Line: 7

    Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration
    dropped.
    Source File: http://www.ebay.co.uk/
    Line: 47

    I assume that this is something to do with my problem, but has anyone
    got any ideas what's causing all these error messages, or where to
    look for further clues?

    Thanks

    DavidM, Sep 7, 2009

  2. those are problems with the site and not the program

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 7, 2009

  3. DavidM

    PT_Gold

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I did the upgrade to 3.5.2 it was worse, I ended removing it and went back to 3.0.8 everything work just fine

    PT_Gold, Sep 11, 2009
  4. DavidM

    noel-man3k

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    try upgrading to either Firefox 3.0.14 or 3.5.3 and see if the eBay UK site works correctly with these new FF releases.

    noel-man3k, Sep 14, 2009