    Looking through file types in Explorer I can't see a PHP extension,
    and nothing anywhere in Firefox, so how do I make the Paradigm e-mails
    open in Firefox as they did before?

    GraB, Dec 10, 2006

  2. GraB

    Blue Guest

    Oh dear Firefox, has taken one eye off the rabbit.

    Blue, Dec 10, 2006

  3. What the URL ends with should make no difference whatsoever to what
    application it opens in. Because your client machine has no business
    interpreting any part of the URL as a file name--it's only the server's
    business what the name means.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 10, 2006
  4. GraB

    David Guest

    Weird. Try setting IE as your default browser then setting it back as
    firefox.

    David, Dec 10, 2006
  5. GraB

    GraB Guest

    That worked. Thanks. I never use IE and had just updated FF, which
    was the default, so was puzzled why it would loose the default on that
    kind of link.

    GraB, Dec 10, 2006
  6. Why on Earth would Dimdows do any kind of filename extension interpretation
    on a URL?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 10, 2006
  7. GraB

    Ralph Fox Guest

    It doesn't.

    My guess is that the URL used a different protocol,
    e.g. "https:" instead of "http:", which was not
    previously associated with FF. It is users that
    (wrongly) expect file extension interpretation on URLs.

    Ralph Fox, Dec 11, 2006