    Is there a way that these windows aren't closed automatically - or is there
    are log-file or so where the message is saved?
    Thanks!

    matthis, Aug 3, 2003

  2. matthis

    Mcploppy © Guest

    matthis bashed at the keyboard and said:
    Hi,

    You need to have the "DOS" box allready open and then put your command in.
    You can find the "DOS" command in your start menu, if you cant,create a
    short cut on your desktop with the target as

    %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

    This will open the box for you, to create a shortcut to a specific command
    e.g. ipconfig Use the shortcut

    %windir%\System32\cmd.exe /k ipconfig /all

    Hope this helps

    Mcploppy ©, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Start|Run|Open: command
    This opens DOS window.
    They type and enter the command for the app you want to run after the
    prompt - e.g., C:\> netstat -a -n

    Mitch A. Kaboola, Aug 3, 2003
  4. matthis

    matthis Guest

    Thanks for the answers.
    I propably wrote my question too unclear, sorry.
    My problem is, when I run a command like a starting batch file (e.g
    "start.bat" ) in the "DOS" box. The result is that another "DOS" box opens
    but it also closes right away.
    Now I want to see/read the output of that box - is there a way of pausing or
    similar.
    Thanks again!

    matthis, Aug 3, 2003
  5. matthis

    °Mike° Guest

    Place the 'pause' command at the end of your batch file. This
    will prompt for a key press before quitting.

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  6. matthis

    Benedictum Guest

    Open the folder where your batch file is located. Right-click the file and
    select PROPERTIES->program. uncheck the box that says "close on exit".

    see if it works.

    Benedictum, Aug 5, 2003