Problem with Catalyst 2970

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Huseyin SELAN, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    We have a problem related to Catalyst 2970 (I think).

    We have several AIX servers, 2 x Catalyst 2970 switches, and the LAN.
    AIX servers have 10/100/1000 UTP connections to switches. Before we
    have 2970 switches, we had Cisco 10/100 switches and everything was
    fine.

    Now, we have 2970 switches and nothing works. After users have
    connected, a few minutes later their connections are dropped
    especially WAN users. There is no problem with the local users. We
    have inspected the connections and statistics of the all switches and
    servers, but we could not see any errors, dropped packets etc.

    By the way, we did not make any configuration on the switches, we have
    just bought the switches and put them in to the network as boxes. In
    fact, that's what we want. I mean, we have no need VLAN etc., we only
    need faster connection than 10/100 switches.

    Any idea ?

    Thanks in advance,

    H.SELAN

    Huseyin SELAN, Oct 7, 2004