problem with 2 VPN-Client groups and Radius authentication on Cisco PIX 515E

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Spoettel Otmar, May 12, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    i have setup to VPN-Client groups on a Cisco PIX 515E.
    Both groups use the same IP-Pool (Pool name VPN-clients).
    One VPN-Group (groupname VPN-users) is for standard VPN users and the other
    group is for IT Staffs (Groupname VPN-admins).
    Now i'll authenticate the VPN-users with radius (with LDAP support) and the
    VPN-admins with the local users database.

    I have tried to setup the PIX with the PDM VPN-Wizard. First the VPN-admins
    with AAA local.
    The group works well.
    Then i have add the VPN-users with the wizard, with AAA radius.
    The group authentication with radius works perfect.
    BUT now the VPN-admins grup want also authenticate with radius and not with
    AAA local.

    Is there a way to add to every VPN-Client group an own authentication
    support?

    Thank you for your help!

    Otmar

    Spoettel Otmar, May 12, 2004