    Could anyone help me with this!!!

    Thanks
    Prashant

    prashant.guruji, Dec 28, 2007

  2. prashant.guruji

    Mike Easter Guest

    -1- Do you have a positive previous experience with being able to send
    gmail or -
    -2- Is this your first and only experience with sending gmail?

    If the answer to -1- is affirmative/yes, then wait a while and try
    again, unless you are sending a lot of mail or trying to send to too
    many recipients or are trying to send to undeliverable recipients

    If the answer to -2- is yes, then the questions/options are different

    If the answer to -1- is affirmative/yes and you are a 'big mailer' -
    then you need to know about gmail's limits
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=22839 Sending
    limits

    Mike Easter, Dec 28, 2007

  3. prashant.guruji

    VanguardLH Guest

    in message
    From what I've heard and regarding the "Sending a large number of
    undeliverable messages" description in that article, it takes only 5
    NDRs (non-delivery reports) after which Google will lock your Gmail
    account for 4 to 24 hours. So if you spam or bulk mail from their
    *personal* e-mail service and exceed 5 NDRs then you used to get their
    "Sector 5" error. Well, that's what you used to get because Sector 5
    referred to section 5 in their TOS regarding spamming or abuse of
    their free service (but the section deliberately doesn't mention the
    quotas or thresholds). Maybe they changed the message now to a
    generic error message.

    Of course, with such a vague error message, they aren't telling the
    user what is their "error". Could be their mail server was too busy,
    it was undergoing maintenance, the interface to the actual mail server
    was unresponsive, the moon was full, Aries was in the house of Libra,
    or they had to put new batteries in the Energizer bunny connected to
    their power generator. I once ran across a catch-all error result
    (because the status fell through all the other defined codes) which
    said "sorry, our product has crawled under a rock and died". Still
    didn't say what caused the problem (because their code to handle them
    wasn't defined to handle it) but found it more amusing and probably
    more accurate than "error for <some_attempted_ action>". However,
    once discovered, that error status message didn't survive past QA.

    VanguardLH, Dec 28, 2007