    no result.

    Can anyone help or advise?

    TIA Ian

    Ian, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Ian

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Ian

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Ian

    Richard Guest

    WMPdoes not view AVI files by default. You should acquire a viewer that
    does.
    "Real media" does, along with Divx, but don't get the newest version because
    it is spam/spyware now.
    There are quite a few choices that are freeware which will play avi's and
    most of the codecs.
    "class not registered" is referring to the extension.
    In "tools/options" go to the "file types" tabs and see that "windows video
    file (avi)" is checked.
    If you still can't view it, chances are it is the codec as they continously
    add new ones.

    You could also use "virtual dub" to view it with. www.virtualdub.com

    Richard, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Ian

    web shawk Guest

    web shawk, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Thanks to all, apart from the arsehole 'Varto', who obviously has a
    problem understanding english. I asked for advice, not criticism,
    dickhead.

    I implemented Liz and Ian's suggestions and got the problem sorted.

    Thanks again.

    IanC

    Ian, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Forget what everyone else said and do this:
    Go to alt.binaries.multimedia.d or alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica.d
    and ask the question of the experts who use this stuff all the time.
    What you need are called CODECs and you will also need other
    information as you go along so head to a newsgroup specifically
    designed for your needs. As you run into other formats they will have
    all your answers to these questions also

    Lookout

    Lookout&MsLookout, Nov 1, 2003
  8. Ian

    Phill Guest

    Try using windows media player to view avi. files. because this stands for
    something like audio/video/input. i hope it works. take care

    Phill, Nov 1, 2003
  9. Ian

    Krhis Guest

    Krhis, Nov 1, 2003
  10. Ian

    gangle Guest

    Do yourself a favor and don't answer when you don't know
    what you are talking about. Most video players, including WMP,
    will play compressed avi files (audio video interleaving), but none
    will play the video if the codec used to compress the avi is not
    installed on the computer. Also, you responded to a post responding
    to the OP, instead of directly to the OP.

    gangle, Nov 2, 2003