    that hasn't caused any problems. Could this be a recurring problem with the
    28-200? Any ideas?

    Rick

    Rick Dowling, Sep 3, 2005

  2. Rick Dowling

    Matt Ion Guest

    This is a known problem with some Sigmas. They can be returned to Sigma
    for a firmware update that will address the issue.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0535-3, 09/02/2005
    Tested on: 9/2/2005 8:00:10 PM

    Matt Ion, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Rick Dowling

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    I have the Rebel 350 XT and was taking some photos today and I kept getting
    My one Sigma lens has done this a couple of times, both times it was
    corrected by wiping the contacts on the lens and body. My Canon lenses have
    never done it. In any event, it seems to be a simple contact problem, at
    least in my case.

    steve

    Steve Wolfe, Sep 3, 2005
  4. Rick Dowling

    Hans Muecke Guest

    Had the same problem with the same lense ...

    Looks like the lense was made for the 35mm EOS and is "too old" for the
    digital camera. Check with Sigma, if the lense can be upgraded ... mine
    couldn`t be upgraded, so I had to get a new one ...

    Hans Muecke, Sep 3, 2005
  5. Hope you didn't buy another Sigma.

    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 3, 2005
  6. Rick Dowling

    PanHandler Guest

    Ever wonder why Sigma lenses are so inexpensive compared to the 'equivalent'
    Canon? Gold plated contacts vs. 'tin', plastic vs. metal, etc. You get what
    you pay for, and the same goes for Canon's own hardware - there are items
    built to a price point, and also to a quality level by most manufacturers.

    PanHandler, Sep 3, 2005
  7. Plus they're too cheap to pay licensing fees so they have to
    reverse-engineer the electronics.

    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 3, 2005
  8. Rick Dowling

    Hans Muecke Guest