    change to layer 3 ?

    have searched cisco website and no joy

    thanks

    Shera, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Shera

    Bod43 Guest

    You can't.

    870 (and 830) have a 5 port Layer 2 switch (802.1d bridge strictly)

    connected to the back of a normal Cisco Router.

    If you have the expensive software you can configure more than
    one VLAN.

    In that case you can put each port in a seperate VLAN
    and create an SVI for each one.

    vlan database
    vlan 10 ! <-- cant have zero so use 10
    vlan 2
    vlan 3
    exit

    conf t
    int fa 0
    switchport access vlan 10 ! <-- at a guess

    int vlan 10
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    int fa 1
    switchport access vlan 10 ! <-- at a guess

    int vlan 11
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    int fa 2
    switchport access vlan 2 ! <-- at a guess

    int vlan 2
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    int fa 3
    switchport access vlan 10 ! <-- at a guess

    int vlan 3
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    There you go.

    Bod43, Nov 23, 2006

  3. Shera

    Bod43 Guest

    Many typo's - try again -

    vlan database
    vlan 10 ! <-- cant have zero so use 10
    vlan 2
    vlan 3
    exit

    conf t

    int fa 0
    switchport access vlan 10 ! <-- at a guess
    int vlan 10
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    int fa 1
    switchport access vlan 10 ! <-- at a guess
    int vlan 1
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    int fa 2
    switchport access vlan 2 ! <-- at a guess
    int vlan 2
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    int fa 3
    switchport access vlan 3 ! <-- at a guess
    int vlan 3
    ip address x.x.x.x.x.

    Douglas.

    Bod43, Nov 23, 2006