    have tried updating the driver and the software but it still does no work. I
    also have an e-tech Wifi router.

    Does anyone have a solution for a frustrated person,

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005

  2. What version of Windows are you using?

    Also, is your router broadcasting its SSID (name)? If you use XP and
    WEP/WPA encryption, your router needs to broadcast its SSID.

    Finally, if you are copy/paste-ing the key from your router's configuration
    screen, you may need to initially paste the key into notepad, copy the key
    from notepad, and only then paste it into XP's wireless utility. I do not
    know if this is still the case, but XP could not accept HTML-formatted
    encryption keys (at least prior to SP2).

    -Yves

    Yves Konigshofer, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Also, You'll need to copy the hex version of the key not the ascii one.

    Julio Locatelli, Apr 27, 2005