Problem running Program After Changing User Account Type to Limited

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hbkennedyjr, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Hbkennedyjr

    Hbkennedyjr Guest

    I recently installed CreataCard Plus version 3 on a new PC running Windows XP
    home. This version of CreataCard was designed for Windows 9x. I would have
    upgraded to a more recent version that supportes XP but it is my understanding
    that unfortuntately the latest version of CreataCard does not have the "Forget
    me Not" Reminder Feature (which I why I use this program!). I also do not care
    if all the users share the same settings!

    I installed the program when ALL my user accounts were "Administrators". But
    after I changed all but one account to a Limited Type, CreataCard Plus does NOT
    run. (Even the account that I used to install CreataCard will NOT run the
    CreataCard program after I changed this account to a Limited NON-administrator
    type).

    When I log on to one of the limited (non-administrator accounts), Windows XP
    complains that CreataCard is NOT installed!! I can only run CreataCard run I
    log in to XP as an administrator (or if I change any of the regular user
    accounts back to administrator types).

    Is there a solultion? I would like users to run this CreataCard program
    WITHOUT giving them administrator rights.

    Harry

    Hbkennedyjr, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Hbkennedyjr

    olfart Guest

    Uninstall/reinstall ??

    olfart, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Hbkennedyjr

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Reinstall it while logged in as a user.

    pcbutts1, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Hbkennedyjr

    Hbkennedyjr Guest

    Done that. In fact, the original program was installed under a regular user
    name (but had administrator rights). The problem occured when I changed the
    account type of this account from Administrator to Limited.

    Harry

    Hbkennedyjr, Jan 1, 2004
  5. Hbkennedyjr

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Reinstall it while logged in as a user without admin rights.

    pcbutts1, Jan 1, 2004