    Reinstall those and Wordpad goes away. I seem to be caught in this
    endless loop.

    All input will be appreciated.

    HiC, May 1, 2008

  2. HiC

    HiC Guest

    Wordpad and Calculator both go away, even though they're unchecked
    when reinstalling OE & WMP.

    HiC, May 1, 2008

  3. HiC

    dadiOH Guest

    Uhhh, guy...anything you uncheck will be removed, anything checked will be
    installed (if not lready installed).

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 1, 2008
  4. HiC

    Edna Boxe Guest

    Wordpad and Calculator both go away, even though they're unchecked
    when reinstalling OE & WMP.

    When you uncheck an item it uninstalls it so do not untick anything you wish
    to keep, just add a tick to WordPad & Calculator. :)

    HTH,
    Edna.

    Edna Boxe, May 1, 2008
  5. HiC

    HiC Guest

    If that were true, I'd be losing Internet Explorer, which I'm not.

    It says "To add or remove a component, click the checkbox. A shaded
    box means that only part of the component will be installed..."

    I also find that IE and WMP are check by default when I open Add/
    Remove Windows components. If I leave them checked they're removed. If
    I uncheck them, they're removed.

    I'll see if I can uninstall WMP, IE and then see if they'll reinstall
    at the same time as calculator and wordpad.

    HiC, May 1, 2008
  6. HiC

    chuckcar Guest

    Not if you don't have the version of IE that your OS came with - which
    you almost certainly don't: 98SE - IE 5.0 95 - IE 4.0 XP - IE 6.0

    chuckcar, May 1, 2008
  7. HiC

    chuckcar Guest

    So don't uncheck everything. Only uncheck Wordpad and calculator.

    chuckcar, May 1, 2008
  8. HiC

    Aardvark Guest

    And how many chances did Windows give you to change your mind before the
    'accident' occurred?

    Aardvark, May 2, 2008
  9. HiC

    Aardvark Guest

    Sorry chuckcar. Had to piggyback on your post.

    Aardvark, May 2, 2008