    the other two do not allow me to set scans etc...

    When I go to Programs, same thing... Since I renewed several months ago
    online, is it possible to reinstall this?? THANKS!

    KOS, Jul 23, 2005

  2. KOS

    Donald Guest

    Go to control panel/Scheduled Task

    Donald, Jul 23, 2005

  3. KOS

    KOS Guest

    that doesnt answer my question. what appears to be the problem here?
    why can i not open norton?
    someone with experience with Norton please advise

    KOS, Jul 23, 2005
  4. KOS

    Brian G Guest

    KOS,

    Is the following any help to you as a start?

    This was taken from the Norton Help Files. To get these, double click the
    Desktop Icon and then click help on the top right hand.

    As a matter of interest, do you have the Task Scheduler enabled on your
    System Tray? If not, then you have to enable this before you can schedule a
    scan. (This IS NOT the Norton Logo by the way)

    To schedule a custom scan

    On the left side of the main window, under Norton AntiVirus, click Scan for
    Viruses.
    In the Scan for Viruses pane, under Task, select the custom scan that you
    want to schedule.

    If you click the button next to the scan name, the scan runs.

    Under Schedule Task, click Schedule.

    In the Schedule dialog box, if Show multiple schedules is checked, click New
    to enable the scheduling fields.

    If it is not checked, the fields are already enabled.

    Set the frequency and time at which you want the scan to run.

    Most of the frequency options include additional options that let you
    further refine the schedule. Set the additional options as necessary.

    When you are done, click OK.

    You can also create multiple schedules for a scan. For example, you could
    run the same scan at the beginning of your work day and at the end.

    Brian G, Jul 23, 2005
  5. KOS

    brainfamine Guest

    So you cannot open the application, correct?
    Which version of Windows are you running?
    Have you tried going to C:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus\ and running
    the .exe?

    brainfamine, Jul 23, 2005
  6. KOS

    KOS Guest

    Hi and thanks for the help.

    I am running XP Home.
    I have Norton on the bottom right hand, it has a yellow pc monitor with
    a small red cross. When I attempt to double click this it does nothing.
    When I hit with right click, i get OPEN, DISABLE CONFIGURE , - When I
    hit open, again nothing happens, disable, (it disables) Config- it has
    a window that says "AUTOPROTECT"

    Now, when I go to programs- I have HELP, then LIVEUPDATES
    (incidentallyl, when I do liveupdates, it does connect and liveupdates
    does work), MORE NORTON SOLUTIONS, NORTON ANTIVIRUS 3 (When I press
    this, nothing happens), QUARRENTINE, and UnINSTALL... SO, the only
    thing that works here is live updates..

    KOS, Jul 24, 2005
  7. KOS

    woody Guest

    Right click, select open, and select HELP. Its a misunderstood concept, but
    it works.

    woody, Jul 24, 2005
  8. KOS

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Renewing your sbscription should not affect the functioning of NAV.

    I would suggest you got to Control Pael, Add-Remove Programs and
    uninstall NAV. The reboot, and reinstall. The subscription info/expiry
    date should have been retained i.e. you will not need to resubscribe.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Jul 24, 2005
  9. O.K.
    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
    then locate the Norton Antivirus service and try to Start it.
    If it says it is Started, try Restarting it.

    If this fails, open the Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools folder
    and look for errors.

    cyberwasteland, Jul 24, 2005