Problem Networking Win2000 Computers

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by Guv Bob, Aug 1, 2013.

  1. Guv Bob

    Guv Bob Guest

    Hello, I would appreciate any suggestions from the gurus here as to how I can get my two Win2000Prof computer talking to each other via Netgear WGR614 router.

    I had one 2000Prof and one 98SE networked and both worked fine. Recently I installed 2000Prof on the 98SE and now cannot get them to communicate.

    Both can see the other computer, but neither one can access the other. The sharing, etc., is all set up like before.

    All drivers are installed and working except this one...

    PCI Simple Communications Controller
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068&SUBSYS_4C211543&REV_80\3&61AAA01&0&8E 28

    I have downloaded and tried installing each of these drivers with no success...

    VIA Rhine Family Driver, Dated: 10-Aug-2009
    Download version 3.84A OS supported Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 98SE, Windows NT Chips supported VT8251 Integrated, VT8231, VT8233, VT8235 & VT8237 Integrated (Rhine & Rhine II), VT6103 Rhine (PHY), VT6105/L/LOM and VT6106/H/L/S series (Rhine III), VT6105M Management Fast Ethernet Controller (Rhine III), VT6115 Fast Ethernet Controller (Rhine III), VT6107 Fast Ethernet Controller (Rhine & Rhine II) Notes This driver supports 32 and 64 bit operating systems.

    VIA Rhine Family Driver, Dated: 29-Jan-2009
    Download version 1.14 OS supported Windows 98SE, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME Chips supported VT8251 Integrated, VT8231, VT8233, VT8235 & VT8237 Integrated (Rhine & Rhine II), VT6103 Rhine (PHY), VT6105/L/LOM and VT6106/H/L/S series (Rhine III), VT6105M Management Fast Ethernet Controller (Rhine III), VT6115 Fast Ethernet Controller (Rhine III), VT6107 Fast Ethernet Controller (Rhine & Rhine II)

    That's it -- any help would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, I'm off to buy more CD's for swapping data. LOL!!

    Thanks in advance!

    Bob

    Guv Bob, Aug 1, 2013

  2. Guv Bob

    Hermit Guest

    I am sure somebody at the Science Museum can help :))

    Good luck in your research.

    Hermit, Aug 2, 2013

  3. Guv Bob

    Hermit Guest

    PS There used to be a guy called Charles Babbage who was pretty hot on
    computers. Maybe not so much on networking, but he would have got
    round to it I'm sure.

    Hermit, Aug 2, 2013
  4. Guv Bob

    Guv Bob Guest

    Thankye raht kindly, Hermit. Charles came over and everything is connected and running slickern snail snot. The network, etc., was fine. It was operator error as usual.

    Guv Bob, Aug 7, 2013
  5. Guv Bob

    Hermit Guest

    LOL!!!!