Problem installing wireless USB Adapter

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jul 9, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a NetGear MA111 Wireless USB Adapter (I know, it's old...) which I'm
    trying to install on a new (6-9 mos.) Dell Dimension 4700 w/Windows XP Home
    and I can't get it to install the drivers because it's not digitally signed.
    When I try to ignore the warning (which is what NetGear suggested) I get the
    blue screen which is very scarey! :^)

    I saw a posting from 12/04 and went to the link in one of the answers that
    showed the artical on BAD POOL HEADERS and yup...that's my problem. At the
    top of that page it said **2/27/05 - New drivers have been realeased for
    Netgear Adapters... but when I click on that link I get the "Not Found..."
    message.

    So, my question(s) --
    Would new drivers fix my problem?
    If so, and they are out there, where can I find them?
    Should I just trash the NetGear and buy something else? If so, what??

    Any and all help will be appreciated but please keep it simple I only speak
    basic "computer".

    Thanks.

    Guest, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Never mind...I fixed it myself (for now anyway) but thanks. If anyone is
    interested I Googled NetGear Problems and found a fix. Guess I should have
    done that to begin with. Thanks.

    Guest, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Google is your friend... :)

    Jeffrey Randow (MVP), Jul 10, 2005