    as the message came windows setup is now going to start my PC restarts
    automaticlly. so please help me what do i do with this problem. waiting for
    reply .

    Guest, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Faraz:
    From your brief explanation it seems that you are trying to do a fresh
    install, right?
    What operating system are you trying to install?
    After the blue install screen and the loading of several drivers and other
    things, Windows XP (both 32-bit and 64-bit) does a reboot in order to
    continue with the install.
    What problem are you having after the reboot?
    You are not supposed to press any key during the reboot because that would
    re initiate the install process again.
    Please try to elaborate more your problem so that we can help you.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 16, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well Thanx For your concern. the problem arises when the initial drivers are
    installing like press F6 for something , press F7 for something or press F2
    for etc. i am talking about this initial setup. as these things complete
    there loading the sentence written on blue screen that winows setup is going
    to start. and then suddenly my PC restarts. i already have 32-bit version
    running on my PC so you are right i am looking for fresh window. i think i
    have explained my problem to you now.

    Guest, Jul 17, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Faraz:
    Is it a blue screen saying that windows is going to start or restart?
    If it is restart, this is a normal part of the installation process which
    requires a couple of reboots.
    If windows already rebooted and when it says it is going to start it
    suddenly restarts, then we are facing a problem.
    In this case I would:
    1.- Power off the PC
    2.- Unplug all the unnecessary USB devices attached to it. Just leave the
    keyboard and mouse.
    3.- Unplug any unnecessary expansion cards inside the PC. Just leave the
    graphic card only.
    4.- Power on and try to install Windows again.
    Good luck.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 17, 2007
  5. Windows installations come with their own sets of drivers on the disk and
    this installation begins with a note on the bottom to "Press F6 to install
    additional drivers".

    Are you pressing F6?

    Do you have any devices that needs additional drivers installed, like SATA
    and/or RAID? I'm sorry, but we are terrible at mind-reading, here.

    Also, please tell us if there are any error message on the Blue Screen, and
    try to write it down precisely, and not from personal memory.

    Since you already had a Windows system installed on this machine, if you
    need any SATA drivers for this new installation you cannot insert the Floppy
    with the same drivers as you did with the old system - they need to be 64bit
    drivers and you'll have to provide a new floppy with those drivers to feed
    to the installation when it is asking for it.

    "F6 - New Floppy - 64bit drivers".

    Anything on XP x64 that needs a driver has to have a 64bit driver, there are
    no workarounds or alternatives.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 20, 2007