    even when I type in my hotmail password etc, there is a *long* delay
    before the letters appear.
    Has anyone experienced this problem?

    Bobby Tupper, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Have you tried removing the keyboard from device manager and restarting???
    if u haven't, go to control panel,
    click system,
    select device manager
    click the box next to keyboards.
    right click your keyboard then click remove.
    After this, restart and it should reinstall itself.

    HTH
    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Oct 27, 2003

  3. Bobby Tupper

    Ionizer Guest

    Those symptoms sound quite similar to those described on this CoolWebSearch
    page: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html "...users
    experiencing enormous slowdowns in IE when typing messages into text boxes.
    Delays of over a minute before the typed text appeared were reported."
    AdAware and SpyBot are reportedly unable to keep up with all the
    CoolWebSearch variants, but a removal tool is offered towards the bottom of
    the page at the above link.

    Hope this helps,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 27, 2003