    Is there any way to *guarantee* getting my PAC code from them since they say
    they are closing the service on wednesday and they just don't seem to be
    answering.

    P Jameson, Apr 25, 2014

  2. Don't ring Vodafone. If you've got an Asda mobile number, ring Asda.

    https://mobile.asda.com/pages/help#/questions/80849/5703

    You've left it rather late, but the instructions are still there on
    the Asda Mobile website, so presumably it's still possible. When I did
    mine there was an option to order the PAC via text, but I don't see
    that now so you'll probably have to do it by phone.

    If you haven't already done so, you'll need to get one of their new
    SIM cards, either by ordering one from the website or from one of
    their shops. You'll need to activate the new SIM before you can
    transfer the old number to it - just put it in any phone and make a
    call. Any credit you add to the new SIM under its new number will be
    kept, even after the old number is transferred to it, and added to the
    bonus credit they give you for staying with their service.

    For what it's worth, I've found the new service to be much better.
    Previously I couldn't get a signal in my living room, and now I can.

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, Apr 25, 2014

  3. P Jameson

    NY Guest

    It's swings and roundabouts. There are winners and losers. Around our house,
    Vodafone is the only provider for which there is any signal at all, and that
    is very variable: sometimes even Vodafone disappears. Consequently my wife
    had to end her contract with Asda when they changed from Vodafone, and take
    out a new contract with Vodafone.

    If only all providers would spend money getting everyone up to a minimum
    standard (good phone calls, slow internet that at least can be used to
    browse web pages) rather than upgrading urban areas which already have good
    3G so they now have 4G, while leaving rural and small-town areas with very
    patchy phone and virtually no mobile internet.

    And this is in a fairly flat part of the country (Vale of York and out to
    Malton, along a trunk road), not miles away from anywhere and down a narrow
    steep-side valley.

    NY, Apr 25, 2014
  4. P Jameson

    Kraftee Guest

    Does not compute, fairly flat and narrow steep-sided valley. It's either
    one or the other and if you live in the later then you have the reason for
    your bad reception.

    Kraftee, Apr 26, 2014
  5. P Jameson

    David P Guest

    I think you missed the word *not* when you read it and which applied to
    both the miles and the valley <g> If you wanted to be pedantic it could
    have read "not miles away from anywhere nor down a narrow steep-side
    valley"

    David P, Apr 26, 2014
  6. P Jameson

    NY Guest

    I think you misunderstood what I said - that where I live is reasonably flat
    (gentle hills only) and is *not* steep-sided valleys. I also mentioned that
    I live fairly close to a main A road (and coverage along those is usually
    good) and is not miles away from anywhere in a place that is so remote that
    it wouldn't be worth mobile phone companies erecting masts.

    NY, Apr 26, 2014
  7. P Jameson

    Kraftee Guest

    OK, me bad, sorry