    hwr
    (I would appreciate a copy of any reply being sent to
    .)

    hwr, Mar 24, 2005

  2. hwr

    ts570d Guest

    The obvious question is, do you know for sure it is a DVD drive, and
    not a CD drive? Getting past that, how long have you had it, what did
    you right after it last worked, etc.? If you went from Win98 to XP
    perhaps you have a driver issue. I'd look for updated drivers, then
    unhook the drive, uninstall the drivers, restart the computer, clean
    the registry of any reference to the drive software, quit again, make
    sure the jumper is properly set on the drive and make sure the ribbon
    cable is set and plugged correctly, and then restart. Might even reset
    the bios to default and see if it fixes the problem. Failing all that,
    buy a new one, they are cheap.

    ts570d, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Hello hwr,
    Visit the Link below why You should Munge Your e-mail Address.

    Good Luck, [email protected]

    [email protected], Mar 24, 2005
  4. hwr

    Flying Rat Guest

    Couple of things

    First uninstall the drive via control panel > system > hardware then
    reboot. The system should find it and install it again.

    Secondly are you running Alcohol 120 by any chance? That played havoc
    with my DVD drives

    FR

    Flying Rat, Mar 24, 2005