Problem copying homemade dvd

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Winny, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. Winny

    Winny Guest

    Hi all,

    I made a dvd of a MovieMaker 2 project, using a demo version of
    Tmpeg-Enc, and I think another piece of software (can't recall now!
    sorry) to do the actual dvd authoring and burning. This dvd works
    fine, I can play it on my pc and dvd player.

    I want to copy the dvd for back-up and to give copies to friends. I
    have downloaded a couple of demo versions of dvd copying software
    (clonedvd and dvd cloner) but these programs appear not to be able to
    read my dvd. It says there's nothing to copy.

    Any idea what I could try? I can't get a second demo copy of
    Tmpeg-Enc, I'd have to buy the software, so I can't just reauthor
    another dvd. Also I'd like to free up the 80GB from my pc by deleting
    the whole project and just rely on dvd copying.

    Any help gratefully appreciated! I have a new, quite hi-spec pc so
    it's not down to any system limitations.

    --Winny

    Winny, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Download the trial version of Nero Burning ROM.

    Colon Terminus, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Winny

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Nero should do a simple disc to disc copy.

    Pug Fugley, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Winny

    Winny Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion, I can do it now.

    Copying the disc didn't work, I'm not sure why, the reading rate
    dropped as the process went on until it got down to zero, then the
    process failed. This happened after 15 mins one time and after a few
    seconds another time.

    Then I worked out how to create an image file on my hard disc from the
    Video TS directory I had from my original authoring, and managed to
    burn that successfully to dvd.

    Cheers again.

    --Winny

    Winny, Sep 30, 2004