    laptop can. It's shows that the local area connection is connected and is
    sending bytes but not receiving them. Everything is connected correctly so I
    have no clue what's going on. Could someone please help me out? Thanks.

    Johnny Chan, Oct 15, 2007

  2. Johnny Chan

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Power cycle the router and the broadband modem. Reboot the computer.
    Without additional information, it is impossible to diagnose. Which
    router are you using?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Johnny Chan

    Johnny Chan Guest

    I power cycled everything and nothing worked. I'm running a pc with Windows
    XP and using a Linksys wireless router. I didn't change any of the settings

    Johnny Chan, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Johnny Chan

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I don't know how long ago this happened, but do you have a system
    restore point prior to when this happened that you can go back to?

    Other than that, sometimes viruses and malware can change
    connectivity. It is tough to say. Anything in the event logs?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Oct 15, 2007
  5. Johnny Chan

    shameem Guest

    first.u.clean.the.virus.best.virus.clean(aviraantivirus)otherwise.your.harddisk.fully.format.theni.nstall.xp.afterdriverwirless,seethewirless...iconve.vew.avilable.netwok.clik.refresh.the.wirless

    shameem, Oct 23, 2007