Problem Connecting from some computers after NAT-T Enabled

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by egnew, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. egnew

    egnew Guest

    Hello:

    I have three computers that have been accessing a site using
    VPN-Client. The network administrator enabled NAT-T and although a VPN
    connection was established, none of the remote computers could be
    accessed through the VPN.

    Since no one else was having a problem and the vpn profile worked from
    other sites, it was assumed there was a problem with the router at my
    site. NAT-T was turned off and the remote computers could be
    accessed. NAT-T was turned on and the problem returned. One of the
    computers was no longer able to connect to the VPN at this point. The
    others connected but could not access remote computers.

    A problem with NAT-T was listed for the LinkSys BEFSR81 version 1
    router on my side. I have a DLINK D624M and switched to it. Now, the
    problem is even stranger.

    My main computer connects through the router with no problem and I can
    access the remote computers. It has a fixed IP.

    The second computer is a Toshiba notebook. It has the same VPN client
    and Windows XP Pro as the first but it cannot access the remote
    computers even though the VPN connection is made. It has an IP
    assigned by DHCP and is making a wireless connection. Disabling the
    firewall makes no difference. However, connecting directly through
    the cable modem allows the connection to work properly.

    The third computer is a Gateway notebook running Vista Ultimate with
    the 5.0.00.0320 Cisco VPN Beta. It originally had the same behavior
    as the other two computers but now is unable to connect to the VPN
    through the router. It does not seem to see the router and fails
    with:

    Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
    Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

    However, it also will connect to the VPN and remote computers when it
    is connected directly via the cable modem.

    The router has been upgraded to the latest firmware. I am not really
    sure when the problem went away in the computer which works through
    the router since I didn't check each computer as changes were made.

    Please help.

    Thanks, Sidney

    egnew, Apr 20, 2007

  2. egnew

    asmtwa Guest

    I am experiencing a very simular issue and was wondering if you manage
    to find a resolution to this issue.

    asmtwa, May 7, 2007