    De :Thierry ()
    Objet :problem burning CD-RW : nero sends "error following track"

    Groupes de discussion :comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
    Date :2004-01-05 09:48:48 PST

    My CD recorder (LG CD-RW CED-8080B 24x 8x 2x no Burnproof) works very
    well when burning CD-Rs, but with CD-RWs it almost always fails (not
    quite always, I have a couple of discs which I have used several times
    - media brand is not the issue).

    With Nero 6, I get a message "error following track". I get similar
    reactions from Clone CD.

    My system is a PC Athlon 2500+ with 512 MB RAM running Windows XP, but
    I already had the probleme with my previous configuration (Pentium
    II/Windows 98).

    My DMA settings are OK.

    Does anyone have an idea?

    Thanks in advance!
    Thierry

    Thierry, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Thierry

    Patrick Guest

    I have same CD-Burner, I bought some higher speed write-discs once, but they
    didn't work (couldn't see them)
    The CD's that I use at moment are;
    TDK d-view CD-RECORDABLE 700mb (upto 24x mutli speed)
    DURABRAND Recordable 700mb 24x Multispeed
    TDK REWRITABLE 700mb 4X Multispeed

    Above sort of agreeing with what you've said.

    Patrick, Apr 26, 2004