    Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Bill

    Bill P, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    Sorry, I don't normally stutter

    Bill P, Jan 16, 2006

  3. Bill P

    Budweiser Guest

    The answer is in what you say--the pc is running ok--just because a
    driver is out of date it does not mean it is improved,more likely an
    issue fix ,which you do not appear to have.
    I doubt if you will see any improvement in performance with the new
    driver anyway.
    Golden rule---if its not broke do not try to fix it.
    For information, Nvidia driver updates are released by various
    folks---ensure you have the correct driver for the manufacturer of your
    card .
    Boot to safe mode
    uninstall the card
    uninstall all associated software (the card based stuff)
    reboot
    let the sys find the card
    direct it to the file you have the new drivers in.

    Best piece of advice is to stop fiddling with the damn thing,you are
    only going to break it again.

    Budweiser, Jan 16, 2006
  4. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    I had a feeling that would be the answer after I reread the post. That is
    usually my advice to people. If it aint broke don't fix it. I should follow
    my own advice.
    Thanks Budweiser.

    Bill P, Jan 16, 2006