    I don't understand why from DMZ I cannot access to my web site which is
    also in DMZ.

    If anyone has an idea.

    jp, Jul 19, 2005

  2. :I have a PIX 515E with DMZ, Lan and Wan interfaces.

    :From my web server or any device in DMZ, I can access to www.google.com
    :but I cannot access to www.mywebsite.com which is hosted by my web
    :server.

    :Servers in DMZ can ping each other.
    :Static NAT is enabled between DMZ and WAN.
    :My Website can be reached by Internet Users.

    :I don't understand why from DMZ I cannot access to my web site which is
    :also in DMZ.

    Are you using split DNS or the PIX 'alias' command (deprecated),
    or the 'dns' keyword on your static translations?

    When you look up the IP address of www.mywebsite.com on your web
    server, do you get the public IP or the private IP as known on your
    DMZ?

    Walter Roberson, Jul 19, 2005

  3. jp

    Marraboy Guest

    Hi

    I agree... I think this is a DNS resolution issue. If the name resolves
    to the public IP address you may have trouble with the NATing fro
    inside the DMZ.

    Why do you need to resolve the website address from inside the DMZ
    (Just curious)?

    JT

    Marraboy, Jul 19, 2005
  4. jp

    jp Guest

    Thanks a lot.
    I find a solution. I add some lines in the hosts file.
    There is a batch running on the server and trying to reach the
    websites.
    If there is no response, the batch reboots the server.

    jp, Jul 20, 2005