Probelms Converting a Cisco 7940 from SCCP to SIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Big Phil, May 16, 2007.

  1. Big Phil

    Big Phil Guest

    Hi

    I'm trying to replace the SCCP firmware (rev 7.2) on a Cisoc 7940 with
    SIP (rev 8.6) but nothing happens. I have downloaded the SIP firmware
    from Cisco.com and copied the files from the ZIP onto a TFTP server
    and pointed the 7940 towards this server. But the phone fails to load.
    It doesn't even attempt to download the new image.

    These are files i have put into the TFTP root

    P0S3-08-2-00.sb2
    P003-08-2-00.sbn
    P0S3-08-2-00.loads
    P003-08-2-00.bin

    One thing i did notice is that all the files do not begin with P0S3
    which i'm lead to belive is the identifier for SIP images.

    Can anyone shed any light on this?

    Rgds

    Phil

    Big Phil, May 16, 2007

  2. Big Phil

    Jon Farmer Guest

    IME you cant go straight to version 8 of the SIP image from SCCP. I have
    done over 200 conversions of this phone and have always had to go
    through the following process.

    SCCP -> SIPv4 -> SIPv6 -> SIPv7 -> SIPv8

    Any attempt to miss out one of these steps have failed. Its a right
    royal pain in the ass.

    Are you setting the TFTP server address in option 66 in DHCP?

    Have you set the firmware level in OS97XX.txt and SIPDefault.cnf

    Are you checking the TFTP server logs to see if the phone is requesting
    the files and is trying to serve from the right location.

    Well the firmware I have seems to have slightly different filenames

    P0S3-08-4-00.loads
    P0S3-08-4-00.sb2
    P003-08-4-00.bin
    P003-08-4-00.sbn

    Regards

    Jon

    Jon Farmer, May 16, 2007

  3. Big Phil

    alexd Guest

    Is there nothing *at all* in the TFTP servers log files?

    alexd, May 17, 2007
  4. Big Phil

    Big Phil Guest

    Yeah found the problem here... helps if i put the right details into
    the SIPdefault file! Doh!

    Thx for all your replys!

    Big Phil, May 22, 2007