    security instelling, but don't know how to solve it. Can someone help me.

    Windows XP, we have installed McAfee virus scan, plus spy-bots and adaware.

    Joanne

    joanne, Feb 9, 2004

  2. joanne

    °Mike° Guest

    That sounds (no pun intended) as though you have a pop-up
    stopper installed; something like the Google toolbar, or one
    of the tabbed browsers, maybe?

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:45:00 +0100, in
    <c08rs6$lm8$>
    joanne scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004

  3. joanne

    Sultan Guest

    joanne wrote in news:c08rs6$lm8$:

    > h a sound shut down, I have an idea that this is s

    Sounds like a popup stopper. Any installed?

    Sultan

    Sultan, Feb 10, 2004
  4. joanne

    Mike245 Guest

    joanne wrote:

    > All of a sudden while surfing certain pages wont open, they "blink" open and
    > then with a sound shut down, I have an idea that this is some sort of
    > security instelling, but don't know how to solve it. Can someone help me.

    Sounds like you have an unintelligent pop-up blocker. Try the google
    toolbar or switch to a Mozilla based browser. Visit the site in my sig
    for links.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike245, Feb 10, 2004
  5. Do you have Ad-Watch running as well?

    Mr.SlippyFist, Feb 11, 2004
  6. joanne

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you know how to reply to the correct person?

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:13:57 GMT, in
    <9teWb.25481$Qa3.4599@edtnps89>
    Mr.SlippyFist scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 11, 2004
  7. ya i had the wrong message selected and didn't realize it until after i had
    posted it. Sorry

    Mr.SlippyFist, Feb 12, 2004