Pro Slide Copier on ebay

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George, May 27, 2005.

  1. George

    George Guest

    George, May 27, 2005

  2. Rubbish!!! Get yourself the real deal. These crappy items might "copy" a
    slide but they sure as hell don't give you the sharpness to enlarge the
    shot!

    [email protected], May 27, 2005

  3. George

    Tony Guest

    It is a useless POS that sold new for 39.95 and was worth less that 25
    cents. Everyone bought one of these at one time or another and then put them
    in thier next garage sale for somewhere around 10 bucks. They continue to
    make the rounds to this very day. I was once at a photo club auction (ie a
    REAL auction) and there were five of them from different people. Not one got
    a single bid - I assume they eventually went into the trash where they
    belong.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    I am trying to find out if anyone has used the Pro Slide Copiers shown on
    ebay and get an opinion.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZspecphotoQ2edotQ2dcom

    Tony, May 27, 2005
  4. George

    Paul Furman Guest

    I tried a similar home made rig & got reasonable results. It's not going
    to be as good as scanning on a device intended for that but the
    advantage is you could convert over a collection of 100s of
    family/vacation type shots much quicker than using a scanner. Especially
    if your intended use is just to make small prints, display on the web or
    TV etc and you don't need much resolution. But this is not the way to go
    for making 8x10 prints.

    Also those prices look to be about 150% of what I've seen elsewhere.

    Paul Furman, May 27, 2005
  5. George

    Mahamoti Guest

    I do not know when it will ever get put up for sale, and I do not know the specifics of the device (I can get it on Wed. next week) but the Studio that I work
    in part time has a(this is what I was told) $15,000 (might have been $10,000, my memory has never been really good) Slide replicator that is 10 years old, and
    has never been used (not once), The owner of the studio is planning on selling it, and has already photographed it and I will post the images somewhere and send
    a link possibly wed, maybe not till Thursday. It looks very similar to a standard Dark Room Enlarger, as in it is a vertical standing device of roughly 3 to 4
    feet in height, made of what I am presuming to be steel (yes I have seen it) and from what I have seen of it, I believe it supports up to 4x5" transparencies.
    I have not been able to find a value on it, for the current market, as of yet, but after I do She should sell it.

    Mahamoti, May 28, 2005
  6. George

    Crapper Guest

    You know that e-bay was a good thing until the crooks started listing
    hundreds of items on the regular listings taking up several pages at a time
    with the same item over and over. It makes finding a listing from a
    independent person harder and harder shifting through all the crap. Just
    type in a Canon 20D looking for someone that wants to sell his at a somewhat
    discount. The N Y Camera back door shops are taking it over. It should be a
    requirement that if there is more than a few of the same item they should
    have to set up an e-bay store to list all their items on.

    Crapper, May 28, 2005
  7. George

    George Guest

    George, May 30, 2005