    2] Under 98SE I cannot find any combination of command line that
    will cause either the laserjet or deskjet printer to print a document

    Any suggestions or solutions?

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Sep 23, 2005

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Richard Guest

    Find the port name in the printers properties and just copy the .prn file to it.

    I would like to know how to do the same to an ethernet connected printer now
    that I have all the printers on a printserver :)

    Richard, Sep 23, 2005

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    XP Guest

    DOS does not suppoter USB..

    XP, Sep 23, 2005
  4. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Richard Guest

    So its a good thing that the OP isnt trying to use dos to do what they want.

    Richard, Sep 23, 2005
  5. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    EMB Guest

    The print.exe command is a hangover from old DOS days and (AFAIK) will
    only direct output to LPT1: so you're probably out of luck with the USB
    printer.

    AIUI if they are hanging off LTP1: they should work as the syntax and
    workings of print.exe is basically unchanged from DOS 3.x thru to
    Windows XP.

    Otherwise copy c:\path\filename.prn lpt1:
    should work.

    EMB, Sep 23, 2005
  6. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Martin Guest

    net use lpt1: \\servername\printername

    copy c:\filename.prn lpt1:

    (-;

    Martin, Sep 23, 2005
  7. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Richard Guest

    Its not a windows server sharing a printer, its an ethernet to parallel and an
    ethernet to usb box.

    The ports show in the printers dialog as IP_192.168.1.200 - copying to that
    makes a file called the same thing.

    Richard, Sep 24, 2005
  8. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Harry Guest

    Printing to USB is not supported under DOS.
    Printing to USB is not supported under DOS.

    To print to the laserjet, go to Printer xxx:properties:Details:Capture Printer
    and assign LPT1 to the laserjet. Then from DOS you can do "print xxx".

    Under DOS all printing goes to LPT1 by default.

    Harry, Sep 24, 2005
  9. same...
    copy file.prn \\servername\printername

    from memory...