Private Address Spaces

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Andrew, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. m> Juries are just people like me..

    Really ? Oh dear.

    Jonathan de Boyne Pollard, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Andrew

    John Guest

    Really this is the crux of the matter. You want someone else to be to
    blame for your problems.

    Any computer/router trying to communicate with your computer.

    Anyone sending you e-mail.

    You are wrong (not that you will listen).

    Obviously, but that doesn't make you right.
    If you mean must they say what person's name is associated with an
    assigned address in America that requires a court order. Other countries I
    don't know.
    Okay if we bring popcorn? I love popcorn when watching comedy. Hope you
    don't get tossed on your ear before I get comfy.
    And the basis for networking period. Actually, a common use of vpns is to
    allow private addresses and non-routable protocols to travel across the
    net. If you want to remain "private" (mostly) ask every web site, news
    server, mail server and computer you ever plan to communicate with to
    setup a vpn just for you so you can stay "private". But then you still
    need to encapsulate your "private" address into a public one from your isp
    so you aren't really so private after all are you? God I hate it when
    reality interferes with a good fantasy! All those leased lines are going
    to get expensive aren't they?
    I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but this is just too funny! At least I
    didn't cross-post to a bunch of groups. :0

    John, Dec 4, 2003