PRISMXL.SYS & PCTKRNT.SYS Bad or Good?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Preesi, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Preesi

    Preesi Guest

    I d/led the new Hijackthis and these came up.
    I dont recognize them and a Google search is up in the air about whether
    they are bad or good...
    What can YOU find?

    O23 - Service: PrismXL - Lanovation - C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS

    O23 - Service: PictureTaker - LANovation -
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\PCTKRNT.SYS

    --
    preesi
    ~~~~~~~~~

    Preesi, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Preesi

    trout Guest

    You've undoubtedly read 'what it is'. Good or bad would depend on
    the motivations of whoever put it there. Do you have an administrator
    that would have, as a legitimate process?

    trout, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Preesi

    Preesi Guest

    Well, Im the only OWNER of this comp.
    But my son could have d/led something or other.

    --
    preesi
    ~~~~~~~~~

    Preesi, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Preesi

    Trax Guest

    |> I d/led the new Hijackthis and these came up.
    |>I dont recognize them and a Google search is up in the air about whether
    |>they are bad or good...
    |>What can YOU find?
    |>

    |>O23 - Service: PrismXL - Lanovation - C:\Program Files\Common
    |>Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS

    I disable'd PRISMXL.SYS. It comes preconfig'd with a Gateway computer
    to update your system as updates become available.

    I keep my system maintain'd myself, I don't like software being
    installed without me knowing about it.

    I've kept the file installed, just disable'd the service.

    Trax, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Preesi

    Preesi Guest

    Thanks MUCH!