Printing To Wireless Printer Using Router

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by tb, Sep 13, 2012.

  1. tb

    tb Guest

    I know very little about networking, Wi-Fi and routers. Not sure if
    this is the right forum for my question, but here it goes...

    I have a:
    * desktop PC (no Wi-Fi but has Ethernet port)
    * laptop (has Wi-Fi)
    * wireless printer
    * wireless router (also has a few Ethernet ports)

    I am planning on connecting the desktop to the router using an Ethernet
    cable. The laptop will obviously be connected to the router wirelessly.

    Now I would like to connect the printer and the router together (I want
    to connect them using the wireless way).

    Assuming that I succeed, my desktop PC should be able to send print
    jobs to the printer using the router, right?

    I know that my laptop would be able to send print jobs to the wireless
    printer via the router. I am just not sure whether my desktop PC
    (which has no wireless capabilities but is connected to the router with
    an Ethernet cable) would be able to do the same.

    This is all new to me.

    tb, Sep 13, 2012

  2. tb

    Char Jackson Guest

    I don't see any problems with what you described. Good luck.

    Char Jackson, Sep 13, 2012