  1. terryhartery

    terryhartery Guest

    I have just received an Epson Stylus Photo RX530, which allows me to print directly from my camera memory card or from my PC. If I print from my PC, after editing on Photoshop, will the print quality be worse than if I printer directly from the memory card

    terryhartery, Feb 18, 2006

  2. terryhartery

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Please cut your line length a little - as a pensioner I cannot afford the
    bus fare to read last half.
    Ta.

    Neil Ellwood, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Digital images should be "sharpened" before printing. I do that with
    software (Picasa 2) in my PC. If your printer has built-in sharpening,
    then the prints should be ok. If not, then the sharpened images from
    your PC will give superior prints. In addition, some printers such as my
    HP 7960, specifically state that the best results are with printing from
    a PC. Obviously, cropping, correcting lighting, etc. done on your PC via
    software, will "improve" your images, and that cannot be done with
    direct printing from a memory card.

    By the way, be sure to back up your images, either from memory card or
    PC, e.g. to a CD-R.

    Good luck.

    Morton

    Morton Linder, Feb 18, 2006
  4. terryhartery

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    Of course, you'll get better quality prints if you edit the print first
    in Photoshop. If you print the unmodified photo via the PC or directly
    from the memory card, it should look the same. Of course, the best way
    to learn about this stuff is to take a photo that you like and try
    printing in different ways to see what results you get.

    Shawn Hirn, Feb 18, 2006
  5. terryhartery

    Ole Larsen Guest

    For best quality you must use a profile for the paper-type and brand
    for use for that specific printer, edit the image and setup
    the print-menu correctly. It isnt easy, though. You can read about it,
    among other places, at digital darkromm.

    Ole Larsen, Feb 18, 2006
  6. terryhartery

    Bob Williams Guest

    I would hardly even consider printing directly from a memory card.
    That feature is strictly for those who don't know how to edit images in
    a graphics program.
    I edit at least 99% of my digital images.
    It is an extremely rare photo that is near perfect straight out of the
    camera. I consider data on a memory card as the raw material from which
    to build a great image for printing.
    Even Ansel Adams fussed in his darkroom for hours on individual prints.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Feb 19, 2006
  7. terryhartery

    Bill Funk Guest

    directly from my camera memory card or from my PC. If I print from my
    PC, after editing on Photoshop, will the print quality be worse than
    if I printer directly from the memory card?

    That depends on how good you are with PS. :)

    Why would it be worse?

    Bill Funk, Feb 19, 2006