Printing preferences in Mozilla - can they be set per page?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by jeff@dnuk.com, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Guest

    If you look at this file:

    prefs.js

    There are various printing preferences.

    I know you can create a user.js file, but I need the print settings to
    be specific to each page displayed in Mozilla.

    Since this is an internal LAN application only, I don't need to worry
    about browser comptability since all users are using Mozilla 1.5.

    I've put this line into a file called printing.js:

    user_pref("print.printer_\\\\pc3\\Samsung_ML-2150.print_margin_bottom",
    "5");

    This will set the bottom margin for printing to 5mm in user.js. I've
    included it in the HTML for this page with this line:

    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
    src="/_elements/scripts/printing.js"></script>

    But it has no effect on the printing preferences.

    So is it possible to specify printing prefences in a web page
    displayed in Mozilla?

    Cheers,
    Jeff

    , Dec 17, 2003