    Win98 machine?

    any help greatly appreciated...
    -glenn

    glenn, Nov 19, 2005

  2. glenn

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In glenn spewed forth:

    I *think* this should work...it's been a long, long time since I had to do
    this:

    In Control Panel, Printers, share the printer (use your own printer name -
    like USBPrinter)

    Then at the DOS prompt, type

    Net use lpt1: \\computername\printername /persistent:yes

    (ignore the underlines above - OE thinks it's supposted to be a link but
    it's not)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 19, 2005

  3. glenn

    JANA Guest

    When installing the printer driver, if I recall correctly, with most drivers
    there is a check mark that can be added in to allow the printer to be
    operated from the DOS mode. Once the driver installation is done, and this
    selection has not been made, the driver must be uninstalled, and reinstalled
    in order for this setting to be changed.

    You have nothing to loose by trying the above.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    What's the BEST WAY to set up so a DOS application (runs in DOS window),
    which prints to LPT1 or LPT2, can be made to print to a USB printer on a

    JANA, Nov 19, 2005
  4. glenn

    PC Guest

    You want printer port capture: