    know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct from? I
    have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.

    Thanks in advance.

    Ed, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Ed

    Ryadia Guest

    You need the r300 model. Same printer but with direct print options.

    Ryadia, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Hi Ryadia, are you sure the R200 can't print direct from the camera? I read
    this at amazon.com,

    "Simply connect your compatible digital camera to the convenient USB port on
    the front of the Epson Stylus Photo R200, and print your photos without the
    need for a computer!"

    Not that amazon are necessarily a good source of information.

    Is the R300 still being produced?

    Ed, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Ed

    Harvey Guest

    According to Epsons product brochures at
    http://www.epson.co.uk/products/inkjet_printers/Stylus_Photo_R200.htm :
    .. Print direct from your compatible EPSON digital camera via the easy-access
    USB port
    Seems to be - lots of places here have it stocked.

    Harvey, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Ed

    John Doe Guest

    You can print direct I do it all the time from my 20D. It is a bit clumsy as
    you can't really crop or do other things, but when you have a shot you know
    you like you can do it. That is what the little port on the front of the
    printer is for.

    John

    John Doe, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Dec 2, 2004
  7. Ed

    Mark B. Guest

    You'll be better off with the R300 as it has built-in memory card readers
    and a LCD screen. The R200 only has a USB cable, which I imagine would be
    very awkward to do direct printing with.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 2, 2004
  8. Ed

    John Doe Guest

    Why spend the extra money on the 300 when you can get the R200 and a
    multi-format memory card reader and save about $70. That $70 would buy a
    nice collection of paper and some extra ink.

    John

    John Doe, Dec 2, 2004
  9. Ed

    Ryadia Guest

    The price difference is more like$250 when you buy the LCD screen.
    It enables you to crop and do some things the 200 can't do.
    I use one at events. Printing from one card while I shoot another full. No
    comparison at all with the r200. Good luck sending 8 megapixel files down
    the wire... Not any where near as practical as the inbuilt card reader of
    the r300.

    Ryadia, Dec 2, 2004
  10. Ed

    Big Bill Guest

    I think you're thinking of the R300M; the R300 has an LCD panel, but
    not for display of pics.
    R300:
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=37368458
    R300M: