    to a possible cause?

    Many thanks,

    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Laurence Wilmer

    > Guest

    The marks your seeing on the second link are thumb and finger marks. Try and
    handle the paper by the edges and do your best not to touch the surface at
    all. The oils and sweat from your hands are changing the way the ink settles
    on the paper, just like when you were a kid and you used wax on paper then
    painted over it with water colours.

    The other marks are a bit harder to diagnose.

    --
    Tony

    Remove the fish to reply
    --= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

    >, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Laurence Wilmer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Laurence Wilmer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Ed Ruf, Nov 11, 2003
  5. Thanks - I guess that is the paper handling involved in cutting A4 in half
    because I print mainly A5.

    Know a source of good A5 paper??

    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Nov 11, 2003
  6. Thanks, Ed, that was my guess as well but is it too much or too little ink
    causing it?

    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Laurence Wilmer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Given you originally said this is a new problem with this paper, I wonder
    if it is neither. I wonder if it could be due to a change in the absorption
    rate of the paper. Otherwise this would be associated with papers which do
    not properly absorb the ink. So if you want to try using your remaining
    stock, my first thought would be lowering the sauration/ink deposition.

    Ed Ruf, Nov 11, 2003
  8. Laurence Wilmer

    CSM1 Guest

    Get some cotton gloves to handle the paper with.

    Brand JESSOPS
    Product Name COTTON GLOVES (1 PAIR)
    Jessops Code JESCG
    Jessops Price £1.99
    http://www.jessops.com

    Search for "cotton gloves".

    CSM1, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Thanks - that is a seriously sensible and economic solution!

    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Nov 12, 2003