    Turning the printer off and on doesn't do anything.
    Using same printer with XP machine no problems.
    Any thoughts? - thanks.

    John Brown, Jul 10, 2006

  2. John Brown

    Evan Platt Guest

    A 10 year old operating system would be my first guess.

    Evan Platt, Jul 10, 2006

  3. John Brown

    SgtMinor Guest

    "HOW TO: Troubleshoot Printing Problems in Windows 95, Windows 98,
    and Windows Millennium Edition"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=128345

    SgtMinor, Jul 10, 2006
  4. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    Deleted then reinstalled drivers - now working okish. Thanks j

    John Brown, Jul 10, 2006
  5. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    John Brown, Jul 10, 2006
  6. John Brown

    Margolotta Guest

    Windows 98 was released in 1996?! Okay, leaving date issues aside, IIRC the
    640c was about at roughly the same time, or just after 98 was released [1]
    so, logic would dictate, it would have issues running under XP, rather than
    98. That being said, there is a 98 driver available on HP's site.

    [1] Actually, having looked at HP's site, it's probably slightly older than I
    thought. In any case, HP do not have a great record with having older models
    running with newer operating systems, so the fact that the OP has no problems
    using it under XP is something of a minor miracle. My boyfriend had the same
    problem with an 890C, IIRC, HP offered no support under any flavour of OS X,
    so he gave up and bought a laser (ironically, a LaserJet).

    Margolotta, Jul 10, 2006
  7. John Brown

    Evan Platt Guest

    http://www.jimjr.com/comp61.htm