    counter-productive.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Maurice Matassa

    Maurice Matassa, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Maurice Matassa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Did you run the "Network Setup Wizard" from Windows XP? It takes care of the
    printer/file sharing automatically.

    Tim

    Toolman Tim, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Yes, I ran the wizard on the XP machine. I also ran one on the Win98SE
    machine (via a floppy created by XP). All networking functions are normal :
    file transfer, file modification etc. So, I do have file sharing, but not
    printer sharing.

    Maurice Matassa, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Maurice Matassa

    Billh Guest

    A few things to try. On the 98 box use network neighborhood to find the
    shared printer and double click it and see if it installs the printer. Or
    down load and install the drivers for the printer on the then in the
    properties of the printer create a new port called \\xpbox_name\printer_name

    Billh, Mar 7, 2004