    was able to run the old model brother printer on the shared network with no
    problems. I am not a computer genus but can do some tech stuff and with your
    input hopefully can solve this problem. Thanks Connie

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    Clark Guest

    I don't know this printer, so some (or all) of these questions may seem
    strange.

    You can get any printer to work with a network if you have it hooked to one
    computer. My question, is this a network enabled printer? Should it be set
    off just like one of your other computers.

    What software drivers are you using for the printer, and are there any
    settings in that to standardize the network and make itself the default.

    Basically, I don't work in that type environment, but it does seem strange a
    normal computer could change default settings on other computers. Are you
    sure the users aren't doing it themselves?

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 27, 2005