    that the prints will last 100-years:)

    What do you think? What would be your choice?
    Regards, Mariusz

    Darkstar, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Darkstar

    don antoine Guest

    Hello,

    Pesonally I owned an inkjet photo printer and I bought two month ago
    a dye sublimation printer.

    In term of dynamic range the ink jet printer seems better than the dye
    sublimation one, but the diference is subjective.
    Anyway, I am very happy with my dye sublimation printer, prints are very
    goods compared to what I was able ton obtain from online labs. The
    protective coat (fourth pass of the printing process) make the print a lot
    more resistant and similar to argentic process than the inkjet prints.

    Rgds

    Antoine

    Sorry for my bad english

    don antoine, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Darkstar

    Fred Martin Guest

    I have no experience witha dye-sub printer, but I do have the Picturemate
    and am very happy with it. It puts a clear coat on the prints which make
    them
    water resistant and the prints only cost about 30 cents each as the
    paper and
    ink come in a kit for 100 prints for $29. Quality is outstanding.
    .....Fred

    Fred Martin, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Darkstar

    FredBillie Guest

    << Canon Elphy CP-400
    From: "Darkstar"
    Date: Thu, Feb 3, 2005 2:33 AM

    Hello,

    I'm new in this group and I have a newby question. Which printer
    choose and why? Epson is a ink jet printer, Canon uses dye sublimation
    technology. Canon is much smaller and seems to have more options -
    allows to print 10x20 cm, on stickers, postcards etc. The basic price
    per print seems to be comparable (about 40 cents) Both producers assure
    that the prints will last 100-years:)

    What do you think? What would be your choice?
    Regards, MariuszThe PictureMate prints are only 30 cents and the Canon dye sub, as far as I can
    tell are over 60 cents per print ($24.95 for a 40 print cartridge and paper.)

    You might also consider the new Canon Selphy 700 that uses ink jet technology
    (only three colors) but hooks up to a TV for display purposes (slideshow) and
    has a remote to control the action and PRINT the picture on your TV.

    FredBillie, Feb 4, 2005