Printer driver keeping printed stuff from teh day before to reprintat random

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Phil Smith, Jun 4, 2010.

  1. Phil Smith

    Phil Smith Guest

    We just moved our shipping operations onto a windows 7(64) platform.
    This include a USB Eltron 2844 label printer for our UPS operations.

    Our mainstay application is browser based, and prints UPS labels to this
    printer by downloading a .EPL file, which is then copied to the printer
    with a simple batch file.

    Attempting to print a single label results in printing two to seven
    DIFFERENT labels, all valid labels, originally printed within the last
    24 hours or so, along with AT THE END OF THE PRINTING, the one label we
    wanted. After trying in vain to determine what was wrong with the
    application, and not finding any data in that EPL file other than that
    for the one label I want, I tried a simple experiment:

    I modified the batch file that copies the EPL file to the printer so
    that after it does so, it pauses, then prints the exact same file to the
    exact same printer the exact same way, again.

    I do NOT get the same results. Each print job consists of a different
    amount of labels, all valid UPS labels, all different, along with the
    one label that is actually the entire print job being sent.

    copy %1 \\UPSCOMPUTER\UPSLABEL

    is the command. The printer is local, but being USB, this appears to be
    the only way to get a dos print job to interface with it.

    This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I have no idea where this
    data is coming from.

    Phil Smith, Jun 4, 2010