    how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer?

    Thanks,

    Om

    Om_Audio, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Have you tried checking the cannon website?

    Tom - www.tditcorp.com, Mar 26, 2005

  3. Om_Audio

    Keme Guest

    Your Mac cannot identify the printer from a Windows service, so you have
    to tell it what printer driver to use. Moreover, for some peculiar
    reason Mac OS-X will only use Postscript drivers for network printing.
    If your printer has PS support you should be able to install it. Just
    use the Windows share name for the printer as the queue name on your Mac).

    Keme, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Om_Audio

    Om_Audio Guest

    Yes I did. The Mac has no trouble at all browsing the network and finding
    the printer inside the "add printer" dialog. It sees and uses the share name
    just fine. The issue is that it does not display the Canon driver it wants
    to use the generic post script driver. I installed the latest Gimp/CUPS
    drivers last night and can now print to the printer using other Canon
    drivers but with poor results- the print appears to be draft quality. What I
    was wondering is why the Canon driver does not appear even though it was
    installed locally to the Mac at one point. Maybe the driver must support
    cross platform as Canon said it did not.

    Thanks,

    Om

    Om_Audio, Mar 28, 2005