    thinking some sort of powder but that would ruin the picture.
    thanks.

    --

    DarkMan, Jul 22, 2003

  2. DarkMan

    Tony Nazar Guest

    It's a phenomenon that occurs with photos from a lab too. That's why
    when you mount photos for display behind glass, it's always a good idea
    to use a mat to keep them from touching the glass.

    FWIW, it's not oil or anything else in the ink. I can't remember the
    proper name for it, perhaps one of the local physicists can help us out.

    Tony Nazar, Jul 22, 2003

  3. DarkMan

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Would spraying with a fixing agent such the stuff they use on charcoal
    etc help or would it mess the picture up?

    Paul Heslop, Jul 22, 2003
  4. DarkMan

    Bob Hatch Guest

    You can spray them with about anything you want, it won't help.

    You have to keep the surface of the print off the glass. Nothing else will
    work. If you don't want to mat the print then put a small spacer between the
    print and the glass close to the frame.

    Bob Hatch, Jul 22, 2003
  5. DarkMan

    Mike Guest

    When I had the problem I started putting the pictures under a lamp with a 60
    watt bulb overnight. I position the bulb about 12 to 18 inchs away from the
    photo. Don't want to get them hot, just some gentle drying. I then put the
    photos in the frame right away. Seems to have solved the problem for me.

    Mike

    Mike, Jul 22, 2003
  6. DarkMan

    Silvio Dante Guest

    It takes 24 hours or longer for an inkjet print to dry.
    The wetter it is, the more it will stick.

    "She's so fat, her blood type is Ragu."

    Silvio Dante, Jul 22, 2003
  7. Why not consider using a matte paper instead of gloss. There is very little
    difference between the two when mounted behind glass.

    John

    John Houghton, Jul 22, 2003
  8. DarkMan

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Well, I haven't framed one yet but thanks for the info Bob. :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jul 22, 2003
  9. I had the problem but am now using mats. Problem gone.
    Bernie

    Bernie Waltzer, Jul 24, 2003