    I would like to print the file names within a folder. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.

    PRB

    Phil, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Phil

    nota chance Guest

    could try print screen can't garantee it will work or get a screen
    caputure program

    nota chance, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Phil

    D Guest

    just to expand on nota chance's wise suggestion:
    when you see whatever it is you wish to print:

    1) press alt & print screen at the same time

    2) assuming XP (located similarly in other OS), open start/all
    programs/accessories/paint

    3) press ctrl & V

    4) file/print (fit to page checkbox)

    good luck,

    D, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Phil

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Aug 11, 2004
  5. Phil

    John Guest

    Start, run
    type command and press enter or click OK
    This will open a dos window. To the prompt type

    dir/a/b c:\foldername > c:\temp.txt

    and enter. Then type exit and enter to close the dos window.

    You now have a list of the file names in a file called temp.txt which you
    can read, edit and print out with notepad.

    John, Aug 12, 2004
  6. Phil

    Gort Guest

    Give Directory Printer from www.karenware a look.

    Gort, Aug 12, 2004
  7. Phil

    Scrote Guest

    I agree.

    Scrote, Aug 12, 2004
  8. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thanks to all who responded. Was able to download Directory Print from
    Karenware.com. Just what I needed. Thanks again for the help.

    PRB

    Phil, Aug 13, 2004
  9. Phil

    icc97

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ah the simple genius of a bit of DOS code, worked perfectly. Thanks John, for the reminder of how useful it can be!

    icc97, Jan 3, 2008
  10. Phil

    shumaker212

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Print File List

    Take a look at Print Directory to print file list of a directory.

    find here : print-directory.com

    shumaker212, Jul 21, 2010