    knowledgably with his advisers (legal, accounting, etc.) when structuring
    his affairs.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Mar 5, 2009

  2. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    Sorry, your personality obsessions don't interest me. I don't know who
    Chriss Millbank is and I don't give a fiddler's foreskin.

    nemo_outis, Mar 5, 2009

  3. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    204.153.245.22:

    Yawn!

    nemo_outis, Mar 5, 2009
  4. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    If they so choose (it's optional) the member(s) of a US LLC pay taxes on
    all business activities of the LLC (e.g., on account of capital as well
    as income). In such a flow-through arrangement (the usual case) the
    details of the taxes payable depend on the tax laws of the home
    jurisdiction of the particular member (e.g., Sweden).

    If the LLC does active business in the US then there may be additional
    taxes payable in some cases (e.g., sales taxes). Similarly for other
    jurisdictions if the LLC has what is often called "active business
    income" there (the particular phrase may differ; the concept is
    widespread)
    Laws are peremptory. Further the tax laws of most jurisdictions have
    "prescriptive definitions" within them for any number of terms, some of
    which differ markedly from ordinary usage. Moreover, there may be
    additional levels of specificity of meaning attached to particular terms
    arising from the case law.

    In short, legislators and bureaucrats and the legal system have wide
    latitude to make words mean whatever they choose.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Mar 5, 2009
  5. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    Franklin, as usual, has got it wrong. The correct term for a NM LLC is
    NOT "shareholder" or "stockholder" but rather *member.* Franklin, by
    eschewing care and precision, succeeds only in muddying the waters.

    The rest of Franklin's aimless maunderings snipped...

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Mar 5, 2009
  6. tobito85

    Ari® Guest

    Excellent post there, hummy, drop by anytime.

    Ari®, Mar 5, 2009
  7. tobito85

    Franklin Guest

    Shhhhh! For Gawd's sake man!

    You're not supposed to know "nemo_outis" is Hummingbird. It's his
    secret. Don't blabber it everywhere! Keep it quiet.

    Franklin, Mar 5, 2009
  8. Sheesh, who would have guessed... OK, mums the word.

    John Stubbings, Mar 5, 2009
  9. oooh, freeware Rush Of Blood To the Head of my penis, sorry.

    ARACari, Ph.D., Mar 6, 2009

  10. SHUT UP SILVERDICK!

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Mar 6, 2009

  11. SHUT UP SILVERDICK!