  1. You missed something.

    Get that email addy?

    lol

    Alpha Romeo India ©, Feb 27, 2009

  2. Or it could be A Redskin Indian or A Real Israeli.

    Your turn.

    lol
    I took no steroids...A-HoleRod
    It hurts too!

    That's it.

    SAVE THE LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Alpha Romeo India ©, Feb 27, 2009

  3. tobito85

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    YES.

    gIMME TO HIM.

    Bear Bottoms, Feb 27, 2009
  4. tobito85

    Sam Jones Guest

    Hubert Simmons formulated on Thursday :

    Humbert Humbert, do you prefer:

    "bum grind him"
    "hind, grim bum"

    or maybe:

    "dumb grin him"
    "brim dung, him"

    Sam Jones, Feb 27, 2009
  5. tobito85

    Sam Jones Guest

    No One submitted this idea :

    What makes you think you're significant enough for him to bother?

    You're a self important idiot, that's for sure.

    Sam Jones, Feb 27, 2009
  6. tobito85

    Sam Jones Guest

    After serious thinking No One wrote :
    You're referring to his comments on your homosexuality. You're the gay
    frock he exposed on alt.comp.freeware, aren't you? No wonder you're
    interested in Torbjörn's todger. You give poms a bad rep.

    Sam Jones, Feb 27, 2009
  7. tobito85

    Sam Jones Guest

    After serious thinking Torbjörn Svensson Diaz wrote :
    One man's terorist is anotherman's freedom fighter. The ethics of your
    intended activity are relative to the point of view.

    Sam Jones, Feb 27, 2009
  8. tobito85

    Franklin Guest

    Easy question, hard to answer fully. There's always a difference
    between personal liaibility and limited liability corporates. So when
    you say you "have a site" then you may own the site as a personal
    asset or own it thru some holding in an LLC.

    Nemo Outis may think you are in the US but as you're using a Hagersten
    ISP then presumably you're in Sweden, so US taxes needn't concern you.

    Where you or an LLC is generally accepted as making its money is
    largely of no significance except for assessing any tax liabilities.
    Unfortunately tax regulations have tried to close loopholes thru very
    idiosyncratic re-definition of normal words. For example,
    "domicile"/"resident" or "provenance"/"origin" have very different
    meanings in taxation to those in normal speech.

    Many jursdictions will try to assess tax on a person's income wherever
    it arises and some will assess it without requiring the income to have
    passed through their own jurisdiction. Similar look-thru policies
    exist for LLCs (eg on transfer pricing or use of agents) and would
    even mean tax is required twice if it were not for double taxation
    treaties. I can hit this problem because I may travel for most of the
    year and in that time can be in more than one trading bloc with its
    mutual agreements between members.

    Pirate Bay is an example of only partly placing assets and ownership
    beyond the reach of domestic and third-party jurisdiction. Domestic
    taxation officials seized its Swedish servers. With a few additional
    opaque offshore LLC arrangements using nominee directors and bearer
    shares, Pirate Bay may have better hidden who benefits financially
    from its activities.

    Heck, why do you need to know?

    --
    The best of the best in Freeware
    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

    Listen to Chris Millbank's voice (Hummingbird)
    http://www.datafilehost.com/download-739cdc20.html

    Franklin, Feb 27, 2009
  9. Shalom to that.

    Alpha Romeo India ©, Feb 27, 2009
  10. Which is what you should have said over 2,000 words ago but when you get
    an audience, God knows you can't STFU blithering.

    Alpha Romeo India ©, Feb 27, 2009
  11. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    nemo outis hasn't said a damned thing about where he thinks Torbjörn is -
    nemo outis does not leap to conclusions.

    Depending on how Torbjörn structures his companies/LLCs in terms of
    organization (e.g., member or manager operated, single or multiple members,
    etc.), place of registration, principal place of business, and other places
    of business, nature of commercial activities, then that entity (the company
    or LLC) may **indeed be liable** for US taxes, irrespective of where the
    beneficial owners of the company reside. Many countries (especially the
    US) are known for vigorously asserting extra-territorial jurisdiction. As
    I said: It depends.

    In the immortal words of Einstein, "Make things as simple as possible, but
    not simpler." Take care, Franklin, that you don't oversimplify a broad and
    highly technical subject.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Feb 27, 2009
  12. tobito85

    Franklin Guest

    From Torbjörn's point of view based in Sweden, the US is just another
    country and there is nothing which requires the hypothetical entity in
    his question to have anything to do with the US. Yet you've recently
    made one lengthy post plus a bad tempered post to Mr Alpha Romeo India
    about US federal and local taxation.

    You say "it depends" or (as my good friend Chris Millbank was fond of
    saying) "horses for courses". Unfortunately that can hide woolly
    explanations leading to stating only generalities and sitting on the
    fence.

    BTW the US does not attempt to "assert extra-territorial
    jurisdiction". What it does is assert jurisdiction on its own
    territories and bases it on considerations of extra territorial
    affairs. I gave the example of Uncle Sam looking thru transfer pricing
    arrangements. Similarly, co-ownership of a foreign company which
    declares large profits can give a US partner liabilities substantially
    more than a pro rata share.

    Turning to your other point of simplification, I feel that in order to
    reply in a single Usenet posting one must simplify a topic which
    provides an extremely handsome living for international tax advisers,
    company formation agents and attorneys. I don't think Torbjörn needs
    to know arcane details like tax havens, annual meetings by phone, bank
    introductions to open accounts, withholding taxes, inter-spouse
    transfers and all that.

    Coming backing on topic, Pirate Bay's ability to withstand the current
    challenges to its operation will depend on how well structured its
    arrangements are with foreign entities.

    BTW do you know Chris Millbank?

    Franklin, Feb 27, 2009
  13. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    204.153.245.22:

    That Torbjörn (the natural person) is domiciled or resident in Sweden is
    a presumption. A not entirely unreasonable presumption but still a
    presumption. One cannot give other than the most general advice based on
    such presumptions.

    That doesn't mean that one must tolerate outright bullshit that is
    completely wrong such as that spewed by Mr Alpha Romeo India. Such
    disinformation should be squelched mercilessly.

    Concrete advice would require specific details of the proposed principal
    actors (natural persons, companies, LLCs, or other entitiies, etc.),
    where they were domicililed, where their activities were based, the
    nature of the contracts they have entered into (including the character
    of the other party and the nature of his domicile, operations, etc.) and
    the whole business scheme. In the absence of such specifics one can only
    talk in generalites - there's no harm in that *unless* someone (such as
    Torbjörn, an admitted noob) fails to realize that the advice is only one
    step up from arm-waving.
    In the absence of specifics of the situation, no specific advice can be
    given. To do otherwise is to build castles on sand. One must talk in
    generalities. But one must be sure to warn others THAT ONE IS TALKING IN
    GENERALITIES!

    The United States is one of the few jurisdictions in the world which
    taxes its citizens (and other domiciled entities such as companies) on
    their WORLD WIDE income. This is the epitome of extra-territoriality!

    Yes, one can structure matters to get around this but it is far from
    trivial, and usually requires a number of other entities (eg.,
    corporations) domiciled outside the US.

    Whether Torbjorn need to know "arcane details" will depend on how he
    structures his affairs. If he decides to use corporate vehicles (such as
    a NM LLC) outside his home jurisdiction he bloody well better know those
    "arcane details" before they bite him on the ass. Which is precisely
    why I suggested that he, a self-admitted noob, forego some of the
    stronger privacy protections and settle for domain ownership through a
    corporate vehicle in his home jurisdiction.
    Yes and no. Much will also depend on the "temper of the times" and the
    attitude of the judiciary (which may be more interested in assering
    Swedish independence from a failing superpower that an overly literal
    reading of domestic law).
    Nope.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Feb 28, 2009
  14. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    Incidentally, if Torbjorn really is domiciled in Sweden and is considering
    a US LLC he might wish to read "The Convention Between the Government of
    the United States of America and the Government of Sweden for the Avoidance
    of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with Respect to
    Taxes on Income."

    This was signed at Stockholm on September 1, 1994, together with a related
    exchange of notes.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Feb 28, 2009
  15. tobito85

    nemo_outis Guest

    I'll be out of town and probably incommunicado for several days.

    nemo_outis, Feb 28, 2009
  16. lol

    Alpha Romeo India ©, Feb 28, 2009
  17. tobito85

    Franklin Guest

    Chris, why on earth would Torbjörn want to read an inter-governmental
    double taxation treatise? Are you totally mad? He asked a simple
    question and you obfuscate your lack of understanding by dragging out
    obscure nit-picking details.

    All that Torbjörn asked was: "If I have a site making money from
    commissions of affiliates programs, where is it considered having made
    its money?

    Keep it normal.

    Franklin, Feb 28, 2009
  18. tobito85

    Franklin Guest

    Then look in the mirror. You'll see Chris Millbank there.

    Franklin, Feb 28, 2009
  19. tobito85

    Franklin Guest

    Mr India, it's nice to meet you. May I say how much I like your
    country India. It is such a wonderful place on account of it being
    rarely visited by Chris Millbank.

    My acquaintance Chris, I mean Hummingbird, no, I mean Nemo_Outis, yes,
    that's it, Nemo_Outis is what he calls himself in this thread.

    Well, Nemo_Outis wanted to parade his knowledge of taxation but has
    ended up parading his limited understanding of the subject. How
    embarassing for him.

    Franklin, Feb 28, 2009
  20. I didn't realise there were tax implications procuring the kind of services
    hummyhomo does in foreign lands...

    That Gordon Brown has his finger in everything...

    John Stubbings, Feb 28, 2009