prevent programs to upload specified folders?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Ed, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Hi

    Is there a program, (maybe like zonelabs) that can prevent silent upload of
    specified folders to the internet?
    I'm thinking of virusses, modified programs (like kazaa or direct connect),
    wich will silently upload much more than you desire.
    Just a firewall is not enough, sometimes you have to grant these programs
    access to the internet, but what will they do without you knowing it?

    Is it possible to monitor specified maps on the hard drive, like my
    documents, wich can be blocked when uploaded?
    I remember there existed programs like this, wich filtered e.g. your
    creditcardnumber combination.

    Any thoughts?

    TIA
    Ed

    Ed, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Ed

    Tony Martin Guest

    I was just using Shareaza and zonealarm warned me the programme was trying
    to send e-mail ???
    Tony

    Tony Martin, Jun 23, 2003